Monday, September 23, 2013

III Sisters of Nature Cleansing Co-wash w/ Avocado extract

III Sisters of Nature!
I'm sure you all have heard of it or at least seen it around.
Since the beginning  of the year I have been contemplating purchasing items from this line ONLY because.... I didn't want to become a product junkie (L.o.L)
Long story short, A drawing was held on instagram for one of their new additions to the family and I was a winner.
!!Review Time!!
~Claims/Ingredients~
A daily, gentle conditioning cleanser infused with rich avocado extract to improve strength and flexibility. Every strand will begin to experience less breakage and more curl definition.
Contains: Deionized water, shea butter, avocado oil, soybean oil, vegetable glycerin, maltodextrin, pectin, corn glucose, soy bean oil, phenoxyethanol, vitamin E, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance
*My Experience*
I was so excited to try this product. I am a co-washer, but I had never used a product specifically made for co-washing.
I followed the directions exactly; starting off by rinsing my hair with warm water for 3+ minutes to lift impurities.
Then I began to add the product to my hair in 3 sections.
This stuff is really REALLY thick. I like thick conditioners but when it comes to co-wash conditioners, Id rather them be on the slightly thinner side somewhat like suave lotions.
The smell of this reminds me of candy. It smells very sweet and gets annoying after a few minutes.
Anyway, I massaged the product into my hair and scalp for almost 8 minutes exceeding the recommended 2-3.
Due to my hair being full of oil from oiling that entire week, when I rinsed.. my hair felt very coated and disgusting.  

The cleanser wasn't strong enough to remove the oils. Honestly I didn't even want to try it again BUT I did.
About 2 days later I washed my hair with a shampoo to remove any leftover gunk. The next week I gave it another go and OH EM GEE... Curls Curls CURLS out of this world.
My hair was soft and bouncy and I didn't need to Deep Condition.

I was extremely surprised by this because my hair has suffered from hard water damage for about 2 years now and I couldn't wear wash-and-go's do to that.
I have no idea what secret potions are in this stuff but I hope it never changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment